Recently I got the opportunity of interviewing hip hip genius Shawty Redd! Check out the exclusive interview below:
1. How did you feel when “Sensual Seduction” became such a huge hit?
I was upset and happy at the same time. I was happy because I knew that
people were going to put a face to the name, but upset because I was hurt
from my accident and couldn’t make the video shoot. But when the big check
came in I was happy all over again.
2. Growing up, who were some music inspirations for you?
Prince, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, and NWA
3. What was it like working with Young Jeezy on his The Inspiration album?
I did the Hypnotize song with Jeezy in the studio. We talked and he
told me what he liked. I worked and sent it over and he took over and did
what he did.
4. What has it been like to work with artists such as Ludacris and Nina Sky?
Haven’t gotten with Ludacris completely yet. We’ve played around
listening to each other stuff and he has a couple of beats. Thanks, Luda!
I’m eager to work with him. I kicked it with Nina Sky who I met with Toomp
one day. They seemed really cool and was glad to meet “The Drifter.”
5. Are there any artists you would like to start producing with?
I want to work with everyone who wants to work with me. Only on a
positive note though, nothing negative. (I’ve been there, done that).
6. Your album Jekyll & Hyde is due out soon, how’s that going?
The album is going good. Soon as we get the label to do what they need
to do, it will ALL be good.
7. Where do you see yourself in ten years with your music?
I am hoping to be on a Diddy level. But for Atlanta though. Not
necessarily like him, but on his level, like how he’s done well with his
businesses. And when I get to the top, I want everyone to be at the top
8. What’s one interview question you’ve never been asked, but you wish you were asked?
I don’t know, this is a crazy questions. Can’t think of any questions
right now, I’ve been asked everything! (Laughs)
Check out Redd’s Myspace page here!